ABOUT ECO FIRE & BBQ ECOLOGS
Ecologs are not only environmentally friendly, but also a clean and convenient alternative to traditional wood and charcoal. In addition, they are highly versatile and may be used in fireplaces for heating, for indoor and outdoor BBQs and also in Weber-type kettles.
Ecologs produce high heat and long-lasting coals. They’re available boxed in 5kg packs together with an eco-friendy firelighter for added convenience!
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ECO LOGS
Want to know more about our ecologs? Here are some interesting facts about eco logs and how using them will help preserve our environment.
- Eco Fire & BBQ logs are produced from the normal harvest for wine each year and NO additional vegetation is removed or damaged in the production process,
- Ecologs have a very high calorific / heat emission value and are therefore ideal for both BBQ and heating,
- Heat emmission is measured in mega joules per kilogram – mj/kg. Our logs burn at 21.01mj/kg which rates as one of the highest when compared with non eco-friendy alternatives,
- Ecologs are environmentally friendly and burn really well in place of either wood or charcoal,
- In non-windy / normal conditions, the burning time of a box of logs is approximately 40-45 minutes of flames. The resulting coals and long-burning, producing high heat for approximately an hour or longer,
- Eco logs are a 100% recycled product and 100% natural.
Learn more about Ecologs
1. What are Eco Fire and BBQ logs?
They are eco-friendy logs produced from the compressed grape seeds, a by-product of the cold-pressed method of extracting grapeseed oil for cooking and beauty applications.
2. Is it charcoal or wood?
No it is not charcoal or wood, but rather an eco-friendly alternative.
3. How do I light these logs?
You can use any firelighter, however we have found that the Greenlight Firelighter (a paraffin free eco-firelighter works very well.
4. What can I use these logs for?
They’re ideal for both BBQ and heating. They also work well in pizza ovens, closed combustion heating systems and Weber-type kettles.
5. How long will the coals last for a BBQ?
Approximately an hour or longer. If you have very juicy meats or are using marinades that may drip onto the coals, they will shorten the life of the coals as would happen with traditional fire wood or charcoal.
6. Do they contain any chemicals or binding agents?
No – they are produced purely by compression of the remaining grape seeds after cold-pressing them to extract the grape seed oil.
7. How many logs should I use for a BBQ?
Our Ecologs are packaged in 5kg boxes, which are more or less the equivalent of a single bag of traditional wood for BBQ purposes. Just as with wood or charcoal, you would need to determine how much to use depending on what you are braaing, how many guests you have and wind conditions.
8. How do I use these logs?
Instructions are provided on the back of the box, but you can also see them here
9. How should I store these logs?
Ecologs must be stored in a dry place. As they are perfectly shaped, they may be easily packed and do not take a lot of space.
10. Do you have any certifications?
Yes, we are ISO 14021:2016 – Environmental Labels & Declarations – certified.